Tuesday, November 01, 2011

My Favorite Thing About Writing #nablopomo

Last year I heard about National Blog Posting Month through BlogHer, and wanted to take part but I was too late. This year, I had totally forgotten about it... until today! I saw some bloggers talking about it online (see how great blogger connection groups are!), and decided that although I was getting in under the wire, I would do it.
NaBloPoMo 2011

Every day in November I will (attempt) to post on the topic given by #NaBloPoMo. Feel free to comment or link up your own post of the day in the comments!

PROMPT: What's my favorite part about writing?

This is like asking "How do I love thee, let me count the ways!" So many aspects of writing are enjoyable for me... but a few parts I love the most are :
  • Pairing my ideas with a pleasing combination of words.
  • Delighting the reader with sensory details.
  • Writing furiously with energy and inspiration.
  • Finding editing mistakes BEFORE someone else sees them!
  • Revising - I truly do love revising to become more concise and clear.
  • Hitting the publish button. (This is what makes blogging my favorite writing outlet because a writer can go from blank page to published piece within a short time frame. It's very gratifying!).
  • Getting comments from readers. Okay, this isn't really a part of the writing process, but it certainly does keep me motivated! 
What are your favorite parts of writing? Do you write better when you have a prompt to get you going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails